This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of SLOWE, including any information you may provide through the site when you purchase a product, sign up to the newsletter or take part in a prize draw or competition. We collect minimum data, but it's worth a read if you're worried and you can always contact us with any questions.
SLOWE Ltd, 22 Hilborough Court, Livermere Rd, London E8 4LG
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
If you wish to raise a complaint, please contact us first and we will investigate for you.
You are welcome to contact us at any time to let us know if your personal information changes.
What data we collect
In running SLOWE effectively, we may collect and process the following data about you:
– Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title. This is only relevant if you order something from our shop and we don't retain the information for other uses.
– Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. This is only relevant if you order something from our shop and we don't retain the information for other uses. If signing up for our newsletter, we only request your email address and store this via Mailchimp.
– Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
– Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
– Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site. This is collected by Squarespace Analytics and is not shared with other parties by SLOWE.
– Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
– Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services. This is collected by Squarespace Analytics and is not shared with other parties by SLOWE.
– Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How we collect your personal data
We collect data about you through:
Direct interactions like filling in forms on the site or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
Order products or services; Subscribe to publications; Request marketing be sent to you; Enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or give us feedback.
As you use the site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns through cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping;
Using the information to improve products and services;
To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email.
Generally, I do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Mobile device privacy
When accessed with a mobile device, the site may collect information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you have, device identifiers and information about your use of the site. Regardless of the device you use to access the site, it will also collect information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the site and its content.
If location services are activated on your mobile device, our site may collect information about the location of your device. Your mobile network service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a device identifier, when you use our website. This information collected by your mobile network service will not be associated with your user account with us or with your personally identifiable information.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
In most Internet browsers, you can change your settings so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. With cookies blocked, some functions of the site may not operate properly. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Disclosure of your personal data
Your data is processed by our staff in the UK. We do not provide our own IT servers. Any third party shall not have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so and we do our utmost to ensure that our server hosts are secure and fully accredited through our website host Squarespace. We cannot be responsible for any illegal breaches that may occur.
Links to other websites including affiliate links
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
Request access to your personal data, request correction of your personal data, request erasure of your personal data, object to processing of your personal data, request restriction of processing your personal data, request transfer of your personal data.
You can see more about these rights here.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us as outlined in the contact section. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within two weeks. Occasionally it may take longer if your request is particularly complex, or you have made several requests. In this case, we will keep you updated.
Last updated: 06/06/2018